Devil on My Shoulder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 243 on Thu May 27, 2021 2:56 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Geek Stink Breath
How I Changed My Taste In Music. EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:12 pm by Survivor of Violence

» Upcoming Shows You're Going To
How I Changed My Taste In Music. EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 7:49 pm by Leonie

» News Update
How I Changed My Taste In Music. EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 5:41 pm by Survivor of Violence

» Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls/Million Dead/Möngöl Hörde
How I Changed My Taste In Music. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 7:21 pm by Leonie

» Now I'm Listening To...
How I Changed My Taste In Music. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 7:18 pm by Leonie

» Happy Birthday to LEO!!!
How I Changed My Taste In Music. EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 6:40 pm by Leonie

» Well, Someone's old
How I Changed My Taste In Music. EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:14 am by Leonie

» Valentines Day
How I Changed My Taste In Music. EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 4:21 pm by Leonie

» Tattoos and Piercings
How I Changed My Taste In Music. EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 4:19 pm by Leonie

» For The Mods only
How I Changed My Taste In Music. EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 8:28 am by ¡sonia!

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

How I Changed My Taste In Music.

Go down

How I Changed My Taste In Music. Empty How I Changed My Taste In Music.

This is the story of how I got into the bands I like today... FLASHBACK TIME!!!

It was 3 years ago, I was nine years old, still in 4th grade. At that time, my idol was Hannah Montana, Miley Cyrus, and believe it or not, I loved country music. I had posters of mostly Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus all over my walls, I watched her show everyday, I always wanted to go to one of Hannah's or Miley Cyrus' concerts. Once day, a school day, I woke up and was getting ready for school. I looked at my Hannah Montana poster and remember what my mom said about her... "She sounds like she's siging through her nose. I don't like her anymore." Of course, I shaked it off and thought to myself "Whaat, she's awesome. I can like what I want." I was in the car, driving to school listening to my Miley Cyrus CD. I turned the radio off and said "Mommy, why do you think she sings though her nose?" She said that she thinks she's not as good as she used to.
After school that day, it was just a regular day. Laying around the house, bored. And then my dad ran into my room saying "Let's go to the phone store!" I had a phone, but it was old. I needed another one. When we went to the phone store, we got a Rumor Touch Virgin Mobil phone. It had internet, and I was so excited! (It was the only internet access I've ever had in my whole life) I went home and at about... 8PM, I used the phone to go on the internet. I went onto YouTube and remembered a few of the bands my mom's friend likes. I looked up Linkin Park, New Divide. And listened to them till 9PM, and then my mom told me to go to sleep. So the next morning I woke up, looked at my posters and thought "You really aren't good anymore." I took all my posters down and put them in the trash before I went to school and asked my mom for another backpack, since it had Hannah Montana on it. I wanted a black one. After school, I browsed YouTube looking for cool music. I thought and thought, and then I thought "Who's Green Day? They were o the Simpson's Movie" I looked them up, listened to 21 Guns and freaked out a bit. I knew the song! I was so excited. I knew the name of the song I liked a lot now! And then I went deeper into their music and I knew songs like Basket Case, Brainstew/Jaded, Longview, Welcome to Paradise, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, and Wake Me Up when September Ends. I had no idea what any of these song were about, nor who they were by.
As I got into their older stuff (Dookie, 1039, and Warning) I knew then, that they were my favorite band now. In the related videos of their songs, there were bands like My Chemical Romance, 30 Seconds to Mars, Linkin Park, and other good rock bands. I didn't like a very wide range of music then, but now, my music library goes on. Believe it or not, I'm having more fun listening to the music I do now, than I did then. Although people ask stupid questions like "Why do you like Green Day so much? They're gay." I just say "God damn better than Eminem, Drake and YMCMB, bitch. Now get out of my face"

LET'S GO ROCK MUSIC!!! How I Changed My Taste In Music. 900244452
(I didn't expect this to be so long, sorry READ IT!)

~Love Josie
July 10, 2012, 11:26AM
Josie!
Josie!
Pocketful Of Dreams
Pocketful Of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

How I Changed My Taste In Music. :: Comments

Survivor of Violence

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:54 pm by Survivor of Violence

lol it's alright